Massey is New Zealand’s defining university. With a proud 80-year tradition of academic excellence, we are now looking forward to our future as a world leading university – full of pioneers whose work is constantly shifting the boundaries of tertiary education.
Massey is New Zealand’s defining university. With a proud 80-year tradition of academic excellence, we are now looking forward to our future as a world leading university – full of pioneers whose work is constantly shifting the boundaries of tertiary education. Massey is committed to taking responsibility for finding solutions to some of the world’s most difficult problems by drawing together our expertise and research, and making it available to decision makers.
Massey is known for its
- ground breaking research
- the applied nature of many of our teaching and research programmes
- contribution to land-based industries
- distinctive mix of campus-based, distance and international teaching
- commitment to innovation
- close links with the community
Ranked as the most attractive employer brand in New Zealand in the education category at the 2013 and 2014 Randstad Awards, we are committed to our staff and we offer them a wealth of opportunities for a rewarding career – not just a job.
We currently employ over 3,500 people, both full and part-time, at our three main campuses in Auckland, Palmerston North and Wellington. Each campus has a different local culture and distinct ‘focus’, The Auckland campus is known as the Innovation campus, Palmerston North, the AgriFood and UniverCITY Campus and Wellington the Creative Capital. The link that ties the University across the three campuses is our shared vision:
“To be New Zealand’s defining university and a world leader in higher education and scholarship”
At Massey, we embrace diversity, talent and performance, and provide staff and students with an extensive range of opportunities to develop intellectually, professionally and personally. Our people are instrumental in working collaboratively and creatively to help us to achieve our strategic priorities. That’s why we look for the best and brightest individuals to join our team. We are now looking forward to our future – so come join us in shaping the future of the new New Zealand, and help us to make a difference in the world in a positive practical way!
We offer a unique culture and working environment and in addition we are able to offer a number of employee benefits to relevant staff.
- Massey is an Accredited Employer with Immigration New Zealand which means successful candidates achieve fast-tracked immigration processing and have access to the work to residency scheme
- Paid travel relocation assistance to successful overseas candidates in regulation with Massey relocation guidelines in order to provide a more stress free transition for our new staff members
- Paid tuition fees for approved Massey study study at Massey University and commitment to continuous training and development for our staff through various internal training opportunities
- Up to five special Massey paid holidays in addition to the four weeks annual leave that is already allocated.
- These extra days are provided around Christmas/New Year and Easter in order to help our staff maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Superannuation and Kiwisaver contributions and additional Massey paid parental leave
- Discounts on Health Insurance, Massey gym memberships, and external retail suppliers
- Free bus service to staff travelling to the Palmerston North campus from within Palmerston North
- Company-provided Employee Assistance Programme Services (EAP) For further information, please see the employee benefits page on our website.
We offer diverse career opportunities across a range of business functions and are always on the lookout for qualified, motivated, research active, PhD qualified individuals across all our academic areas such as:
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Information Technology e.g. Infrastructure Development Engineers, Web Analyst/Programmers, Mac Technical Support, Database Administrators, Data Warehouse Developers
- Accountancy and Finance
- Medical Practitioners and Nurses
- Counsellors and Psychologists
- International Education Recruitment and Administration
- Resource and Environmental Planning (BREP and MREP)
- E-Learning e.g. E-Learning Designers, Academic Developers, Flexible Learning Consultants • Veterinarian Science e.g. Veterinarians, Vet Nurses
- Mechanical Workshop Technicians and ICT Support Staff
- Building Technology/Quantity Surveying and Quality Management
- Environmental Health Science
- Specialists in Human Nutrition and Sports Science
- Specialists in Microbiology relevant to Food Technology
If you have the right skills and attributes, and want to make a difference in the world, we want to hear from you! To learn more about Massey, please visit our website.