Beca are interviewing in the UK February 13th-17th 2017. Click 'Apply for this job' to find out more.
Beca has a large ITS team and is involved in a number of interesting project including smart motorways, emerging technologies, transport system and services, operational strategies.
We are looking for an Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Engineer to work in both the road and public transport spaces. You will be responsible for running both small and large scale ITS projects including project management, concept and detailed designs of infrastructure and systems, ,implementation, commissioning, operations and maintenance. You will be coordinating with Beca staff as well as with other transportation agencies and alliance partners.
Your main duties will include:
- Preparing designs, specifications, and cost estimates for specific jobs, keeping up to date with emerging technology
- Allocating work to allocated project teams, checking, monitoring and ensuring tasks are completed to schedule and costs
- Liaising with other technical disciplines and clients as required on technical aspects
- Evaluating engineering problems and consulting with technical experts, as necessary, to develop cost effective and robust solutions
- Identifying appropriate design aids and making use of them
- Assisting with the preparation of bid documents, providing information for reports and participating in particular investigations as required
- Working and communicating on a diverse range of projects
- Undertaking presentations to clients and senior management
- Developing proposal materials in response to RFPs
You will have at least 5 years work experience ideally from a consultancy background plus a relevant Civil, Transportation or Electrical Engineering degree.
You will also bring the following skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technologies which includes ITS field infrastructure (e.g. CCTV cameras, message signs), transportation management centres and systems, communications and Advanced Transportation Management Systems (ATMS)
- Knowledge of Traffic Signal Design, installation, Commissioning and Operations
- Knowledge of Tolling systems technologies and deployments
- Knowledge of ATM, ICM, Smart Cities, and Connected Vehicle Technology is a plus.
- High degree of proficiency in utilising technical knowledge to effectively resolve complex systems engineering problems in accordance with client requirements.
- Effective verbal communication - speaking and listening skills - with both technical and non-technical people
- Effective presentation skills - public speaking and development of visual aids
- Effective written communication - able to structure sentences and paragraphs and correctly apply grammar and punctuation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and in writing) with team members, managers, and clients on complex software issues pertaining to assigned tasks.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of tools (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, etc.)
We offer a varied role that includes managing and delivering projects with support from our technical specialists, liaising with clients and project management.
As part of a national multi-specialist team you will have many opportunities to diversify and develop in your specialism to further enhance your career with many opportunities for New Zealand based and Asia Pacific assignments. As a valued Beca employee, you will enjoy many benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and potential for shareholding;
- Ongoing career development including encouragement and support to attain professional registration (e.g. CPEng);
- The Beca Mentoring Program.