Beca are interviewing in the UK February 13th-17th 2017. Click 'Apply for this job' to find out more.Electronic Warfare/Combat Systems/ Weapons Systems Engineering
Beca Defense Advisory are engaged across multiple market segments including defence, health, information security, software, GIS and intelligent transport.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for and expertise in Systems Engineering. This field of Systems Engineering is applicable to the implementation of complex engineering systems within an interdisciplinary context.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Systems Engineering and Requirements Engineering who also have experience in business performance. In particular those with experience in Electronic Warfare, Combat and Weapons Systems Engineering. Working with the Applied Technology team will allow you to augment your Systems Engineering knowledge and skillset and develop broader Business Performance understanding and principles including business process modelling, 6 sigma principles and change management.
You will be a self-starting, relationship driven individual, capable of working in fast-paced high-level environments. Ideally you will come from a communications, mechanical, electronic or computer systems background with a passion for Systems Engineering or Requirements Engineering and an understanding of the principles of business performance. Preferably, you will have a relevant degree and 5 years’ work experience and have proven capability across a range of engineering disciplines. You will be responsible for the following core activities:
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Work with the Certification Consultant to determine the strategy to achieve aircraft certification
- Work with engineers to develop an efficient method for tracking compliance to airworthiness certification and ensure that reference documents are up to date
- Identify key strategies and deliverables to support an aircraft route to type certification (either as a new Type or under existing framework)
- Extracting and specifying all design inputs for the system, break down and detail requirements to subsystems and system interfaces
- Lead the process collating all the design targets from each systems/subsystems and trace the consistent design activities towards higher level requirements
- Work in conjunction with internal and external Subject Matter Experts (SME) on the definition of all requirements for the product
- Define design inputs clearly and translate them into verifiable requirements
- Establish and maintain the requirement management tool
- Experience of airworthiness framework preferably within CAA, FAA or EASA
- Understanding of the relationships between the different types of certified documents; means of compliance, supporting documents
- Knowledge of, or ability to deduce, the intent behind requirements and identify key deliverables for clients
- Track record of deliverables associated with requirements, issues and dependencies
- Maintaining traceability between the capability, user requirements, system requirements and the solution throughout the project lifecycle
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience of working with requirement management tools, e.g. Jama, Doors, Integrity
You must be eligible for a New Zealand security clearance. In return, as a valued Beca employee you will enjoy many benefits including:
- On-going career development, including encouragement and support with further studies
- Being part of our mentoring programme.
- Exposure to a range of sectors through the broader Beca business
- The opportunity to be guided by an experienced professional through the Beca Mentoring program
- Part of a lively social scene, including a social club, mid-winter ball, cocktail events, sports teams and weekends away
To be part of this dynamic and diverse team we’re looking for mobile people with drive, energy, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and enthusiasm. If you are looking for a diverse mix of people and project opportunities to complement a varied and rewarding career, get in touch with us today!
To find out more about our team please visit venture.beca.com
The Beca Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are strictly confidential.