We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to become a technical lead in the Software team and play a part in the development of our growing software practice.
We have a broad range of clients and our experienced team is committed to finding innovative solutions to our clients complex problems. Your work will provide real world solutions to the Defence, Health and Transportation markets. Key responsibilities:
- Designing and developing software, coding and testing according to specific work packages and project needs and in accordance with designated company standards of methodology, style and quality.
- Gaining a proficient understanding of existing product architecture and design.
- Estimating and scheduling assigned SDLC activities, and reporting on the progress of these activities.
- Diagnosing and solving technical issues that may arise during the development life cycle.
- Performing technical tasks, including unit testing functions, as required to support the internal quality and control arrangements as defined by company policy and project requirements.
You will be working alongside our technical team to design, develop, maintain and test application software. You will apply effective analysis, design, programming and testing skills to contribute to the development of application products that meet required functional, UI/UX, performance and quality objectives. As the work we do is fairly broad you will need to perform this role using a variety of technologies. The Team
We have a 15 strong team ranging from graduate to senior software developer working together to provide software solutions for our clients. The team has a strong identity and a growing role shaping the landscape of Beca’s services. Our team loves to work collaboratively and enjoy social interaction. Above all we enjoy nurturing creativity and respect everyone’s individual input to the team. About you
You are a natural leader who enjoys tackling complex problems and is ready to take on a new challenge, you must be interested in taking on a coaching and mentoring role as well as taking our team on a growth journey. You must be interested in new technologies and how we can apply them to the work we do. You will have:
- Experience leading and coaching people
- Well honed business development skills
- Relevant industry connections and networks
- Experience working in an agile environment using Scrum or similar.
- Experience with the following technologies and tools:
- Microsoft .Net technologies: C#, WCF, WF, Web Services, ASP.NET, WPF
- Microsoft SQL,SSIS, SSRS
- Web technologies: HTML, Java Script, JSON, XML, XSL, XPATH
- Common diagnostic tools such as: Ants Profiler, Fiddler
- Common unit test frameworks
Beca’s Applied Technologies teams are engaged across multiple market segments including Defence, complex systems engineering, business improvement and strategy, information security and health technology. .
The Beca Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are strictly confidential