Beca are interviewing in the UK February 13th-17th 2017. Click 'Apply for this job' to find out more.
- Does the statement ‘tracing requirements indoors’ have a double meaning?
- Do you recognize that MIL-STD-882, SAE ARP 4761, and DEF STAN 56 are not simply random strings of letters and digits? Can you broadly describe the differences between them?
- If you had a flying magic rug, can you describe why inadvertent application of an auto-hover function in a dead-man zone might be a bad thing?
Beca Applied Technology are engaged across multiple market segments including defence, health, information security, software, GIS and intelligent transport.
Our systems engineering team work with our clients in these markets to achieve their goals; usually with highly-complex technology and more often in the safety-critical domain. We are currently looking for talented people to join our team who have a passion for systems engineering and have experience in systems safety.
Your responsibilities within our team will be to:
- You will be a self-starting, relationship-driven individual, capable of working in fast-paced, high-level environments. Preferably, you will be degree qualified and have 3+ years’ work experience. What we are ideally looking for is someone who:
- Can contribute positively to a team.
- Can interact positively and constructively with a client.
- Expresses a desire for creativity and innovation.
- Has excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Is able to develop practical solutions to real world problems.
- Can develop those practical solutions using systems engineering methods, tools and approaches.
- Has exposure or experience in the practical application of specialist system safety engineering techniques and methods such as Functional Failure Analysis, HMI design, Fault Tree Analysis or Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
- Has knowledge of highly-complex safety-critical system certification in rail, aviation, nuclear or defence domains
- Can obtain a New Zealand security clearance, which may include being a New Zealand Citizen.
In return, as a valued Beca employee you will enjoy many benefits including:
- Produce life cycle data to support system development
- Define design inputs clearly and translate them into verifiable requirements
- Verify/validate those requirements in synthetic and target environments
- Work with subject matter experts to collect information and requirements
- Maintaining traceability between the capability, user requirements, system requirements and the implementation throughout the project lifecycle
- Work with project managers to ensure that project delivery is coherent and coordinated
If you are looking for a diverse mix of people and project opportunities to complement a varied and rewarding career, get in touch with us today!
- On-going career development, including internal training, and organisational encouragement and support with further studies
- Exposure to a range of sectors through the wider Beca business
- The opportunity to be guided by an experienced professional through the Beca Mentoring program
The Beca Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are strictly confidential.