Opportunity to have a significant impact with a growing business | Flat organisational structure | Hands-on, boots-on-the-ground type of role.
Team based culture, young and enthusiastic leadership
Positioned well for upcoming infrastructure work
Broad role with involvement across the whole project At Eighty4 recruitment, we specialise in placing engineering and construction professionals throughout New Zealand and we have never been busier.
We are sourcing a Project Engineer for one of our key clients, who are in a strategic position to capitalise on upcoming opportunities and increase their share of the market in the near future.
As part of the engineering and project management team, you will be involved in the full project life cycle, including client relationships, tenders and project delivery. Your focus will be to ensure the effective management of program, cost, compliance and the profitability of projects under your scope. Key responsibilities will be:
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Assisting in the tender process and pricing of projects, ensuring efficient and optimal constructability
- Ensuring contractual obligations are identified and understood
- Identifying, assessing and managing business, community and environmental risks
- Maintaining clear communication with key stakeholders and client representatives
- Managing project plans and milestones, ensuring project delivery in optimal time
- Ensuring the profitability of the project by overseeing budget expenditure, conducting regular reviews against plan and budget and taking corrective actions as required
- Ensuring the appropriate allocation of resources to achieve the project time and quality objectives at optimal cost
- Developing and maintaining robust reporting frameworks to assist strategic decision making
- A Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or relevant tertiary qualification
- Senior level project management experience in the civil construction industry
- Minimum of 5 years experience in civil engineering positions ideally with experience in drainage/pipelines and utilities
This role is ideal for the experienced Engineer who is seeking a long term opportunity to help invest in and grow with a business that is making moves