New major highway project | Bulk Earthworks | Long term project and company career prospects | Great residential location
Live 5 minutes from work
Significant cut/fill volumes over multiple seasons
Great team and supportive company At Eighty4 Recruitment, we specialise in placing engineering and construction professionals throughout New Zealand and we have never been busier.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Supervisor to take responsibility for multiple crews and sub-contractors on a major roading project in the Waikato.
The scope of works consists predominantly of bulk earthworks through undulating terrain with significant logistical constraints and high interface with the structures team.
As Supervisor you will be working closely with the Area Manager and Project/Site Engineers towards delivering bulk cut-to-fill earthworks through the management of direct labour and subcontractors in a healthy and safe work environment. Responsibilities and duties will include:
To be successful in this position you will require:
- Overseeing work, analysing construction methods and ensuring efficient production
- Assessing activities, ensuring a good balance between cost and production to meet objectives and time scope
- Understanding contractual obligations with the client and subcontractors
- Analysing tasks and selecting appropriate resources in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Coordinating subcontractor tasks, ensuring compliance with quality, environmental, and safety standards
- Monitoring crews and subcontractors’ performance to ensure project plans and milestones are met
The key benefits of this role are:
- At least 5 years in a civil construction supervisory/foreman role
- Significant bulk earthworks and drainage experience
- Excellent communication skills – open, honest and direct
- Project delivery focussed
- A professional outlook and a disciplined approach to work
- A positive and proactive attitude towards safety and compliance
- Ability to lead by example and engage your team effectively
- Experience on major roading/highway projects
- Working on a landmark engineering and construction project
- Building networks across a large project team
- The ability to establish yourself with a growing company
- Competitive remuneration structure
- An affordable and family-friendly location – live right next to the job
If you are keen to find an affordable residential location with excellent schooling, in a city with all amenities, and a short drive to work every day, then this is an opportunity worth enquiring about.