Key leadership role on a major project | Large scope of works | Piling, Ground Engineering, Structures, Earthworks, Drainage
Great opportunity to establish yourself on a high-profile project
Build your team from the ground up.
Opportunity to prove yourself as a leader Eighty4 Recruitment specialises in placing engineering and construction professionals throughout New Zealand.
We have an opportunity for a skilled Project Manager to join a growing business that specialises in delivering complex and challenging Civil Construction projects throughout New Zealand.
This leadership appointment will see you responsible for a large team and scope of works on a major project, currently taking place in central Auckland.
The position will give you exposure a high-profile urban civil construction project, with stakeholder and client interface, planning and scheduling work, a broad range of responsibilities across Health & Safety and Environmental compliance, with ultimate responsibility for forecasting and strict management of cost. Your responsibilities will include:
Qualifications and experience:
- The health and safety of all workers involved with the project
- Preparing and delivering project management plans and program milestones
- Setting the direction for the project, monitoring construction programs and completion of activities within scope
- Responsibility for overall project profitability, and ensuring regular reviews of cost against plan and budget
- Ensuring the construction works are coordinated effectively in line with the scheduled program and have the optimal resources to complete the works
- Identifying, evaluating and managing project, community and environmental risks
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders and clients
- Understanding and ensuring the project complies with all regulatory, legal and community requirements
- Ensuring that solid reporting systems are in place to assist with business decision-making
- Senior management of large scale civil construction projects, with a focus on structures
- Superior communication skills and the ability to manage stakeholder and client relationships effectively
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or relevant tertiary qualification
- Excellent track record in delivering civil projects with accuracy and diligence in managing cost, on time, and ensuring margin is achieved within scope
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Delivery focussed with a strict eye for the detail
- Sound leadership skills and the ability to build and develop a strong and positive project culture