Get your career on track | Develop project experience | Build industry networks | Immediate start | Major infrastructure projects
Eighty4 Recruitment specialises in placing engineering and construction professionals throughout New Zealand.
- Range of projects - $5m - $500m+
- Bulk earthworks, drainage, pavements, structures, utilities
- Roads, bridges, land development, rail, water
We have immediate opportunities for Site Engineers within contracting firms delivering complex and challenging civil construction projects throughout New Zealand.
These positions are available on either a permanent or contract basis, offering you flexibility, the opportunity to test the role if you prefer and a get a foot in the door on major projects.
The role will help you build your experience, with a broad range of responsibilities operating within the construction team across planning, cost management, sub-contractor management, and health, safety, quality and environmental compliance. Your responsibilities will include:
Qualifications and attributes:
- Reading and understanding sub-contracts and specifications
- Identifying any errors in design drawings and submitting them for review
- Measuring, recording and reporting on progress against program in allocated work packages and advising of any discrepancies
- Develop SWMS/JSAs for review and comment by Project Engineers, Environmental Advisors, Safety Advisors and other key stakeholders
- Identifying variations in own work package and submitting list for actioning
- Keeping up to date records in order to ensure accurate reporting
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly reports of actuals against project plan
- Assisting in the preparation and implementation of Project Management Plans
- Preparing programs for allocated work packages
- Taking responsibility for planning and scheduling your own work to meet required deadlines
- At least 2 years in civil construction working for a civil contractor
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or relevant tertiary qualification
- A high level of self-awareness and the ability to work very effectively within a team environment
- The drive and motivation to succeed and be willing and able to undertake the work that is required to deliver the project