We are travelling to the UK this March to meet interested parties and interview new recruits to live in beautiful New Zealand.
Generalists we are not. We are part of a specialist IT company with a deep understanding of the industry and its needs. Our team of seasoned professionals have 100+ years’ collective experience in recruitment both locally and globally. It’s safe to say we understand our market and we’re here to stay.
We are looking to hire a wide range of skilled and experienced IT professionals – to fill positions that are available across the IT sector.
WE GET IT AND WE GET YOU
When you engage with us, you’re working with a respected IT specialist, not just another general recruiter. We provide a flexible approach to working in IT, with three ways you can work with us – become a permanent employee, associate or contractor. Whichever way you choose, we take great pride in looking after our people.
FINGER ON THE PULSE
We have skilled, experienced IT professionals ‘on the bench’ ready to help our client’s exciting projects out. We call it ‘pulse resourcing’. This unique approach means we can supply talent quickly, as and when our customers need them. It could be to fill an immediate gap while we search for the right long-term placement, or on an as and when needed basis.
Our established public sector track record means we understand this space and what it takes for you to thrive in it. Through us you’ll have access to a range of opportunities that will excite and challenge you, working with some of Australasia’s most exciting, innovative organisations and market-leading technologies.
Apply for an interview in the UK with our travelling team:
London 23rd March 2019
London 24th March 2019
Please register before 18th of March 2019.
Opportunities to join the Presto Resourcing are available for a number of positions including those below. Click on the job title to send your application:
We are looking for a creative designer to make a difference, do you have a solid UI Design flair?
- Excellent remuneration with competitive benefits
- Great CBD fringe location
- Upbeat and energetic culture - exceptional team here!!
As a creative UI Designer you will be looking for an opportunity like this to make your mark. You will work in conjunction with in-house agile development teams to design intuitive and appealing products and features that solve problems for end users and ultimately grow our customer base. You will have a strong focus on UI.
To be considered you will have:
- Proven experience as a UI Designer
- Foundational design skills typography, colour, layout
- A great portfolio of website/software/mobile design projects
- Experience using Sketch with libraries
- Understanding of atomic principles, web development and agile methodologies are a plus.
- Knowledge of wireframe/prototyping tools e.g. Invision, Proto
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
Are you a senior Site Reliability Engineer seeking collaboration, flexibility, diversity, autonomy, continuous improvement & fun - Stop looking & apply today
- Although based in New Zealand our client is expanding globally
- Excellent $$$ and benefits - City Location
- Come and join a world class team making a difference
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our clients Operations group. You will be responsible for making their production infrastructure more repeatable and reliable as they become a global player.
Currently rebuilding their Operations group rooted in the DevOps philosophy, they are looking for someone to bring a fresh approach to how they build production infrastructure.
You will be responsible for
- Leading the way on how to design, implement and improve the deployment and production infrastructure
- Working in a “build it and run it” environment where engineering teams build, deploy, monitor and support their components that they own
- Collaborate with cross-functional product engineering teams on a rotation basis to drive repeatability and reliability in the production infrastructure
- Work with other SREs to identify components that they can extract, refine and share to make all teams’ lives easier such as developer tooling, build automation, provisioning, logging, monitoring, alerting, etc
- Produce clean, consistent and well-organised code to automate their infrastructure, builds, deployments and configuration all running for their production stack
- Azure infrastructure and platform services
- MS SQL, Redis and Azure storage
- Elastic and Kibana
- Mentor and coach other engineers
To qualify you will have:
- Previous hands-on experience managing production infrastructure
- Experienced working in agile development team that applied and experimented with infrastructure automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery
- Willingness to jump into a legacy infrastructure to help modernise it
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Experience with PowerShell, C#, TypeScript would be an advantage
Are you seeking an role where you work in a collaborative team with drive, direction and flexibility, great work with excellent $$ and benefits
- Fantastic $$$ with great benefits for a solid senior .Net developer
- Great teams with an inclusive, collaborative and flexible environment
- CBD Location - lots going on with a great culture and vibe
Are you a senior .Net Full Stack Developer looking for your next challenge? Here is an opportunity to join a fantastic company and flex your development skills.
To qualify you will need the following requirements:
- Min 5+ years’ experience
- Ability to produce clean, clear well organised code that demonstrates separation of concerns and clear layering
- Technical adaptability and versatility – experience with all layers from front-end to back-end, knowledge of recent tools and trends
- Solid objected-oriented development skills
- Willingness to dive into complex legacy systems as well as progressing with the latest technologies
- Having enough experience to be comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive on the challenge of understanding the scope, terminology and mechanics of our industry
- A collaborative approach with ability to communicate constructively with peers and stakeholders within the business
- Excellent communication skills
Your Technology profile will look something like this
- c#, WebApi, Typescript, React, Redux
- Asp.Net MVC, classic ASP, c#/VB.Net
- MS SQL, Azure storage, Redis
- All systems deployed to Azure infrastructure and platform services
Exceptional opportunity here!! Are you an experienced Automation Test Analyst with API and mobile technology experience?
- Excellent remuneration
- Exceptional company, great team, wonderful vibe
- Bring all your skills to play here!!
Our Client are technology innovators and are driving now to create a global presence for an exciting successful product - so this is where you come in. With growth in the technology team we now need to get a Senior Test Analyst on board ASAP to assist with the workload.
We are seeking a hands on Senior Test Analyst to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for setting up the automation framework, required to be strategic and technical.
With experience working within an Agile environment you should have proven delivery experience, be a team player with the ability to operate independently to deliver results. You will be passionate about your craft, have best practices and have the ability to think outside the box!!
Key Activities would involve:
- Test Planning, design and execution
- Test estimation
- Defect management
- Test Support and Management
To be considered you must have experience in
- Use Case Analysis
- Selenium Redwood
- VSTS, SQL, Web API and mobile technology experience
- Experience with a variety of testing techniques such as functional, system, interoperability, regression, formal exploratory, negative, automated, GUI, and a context driven approach to testing
- Excellent communication skills
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Security Design Consultant to take the lead with a hands-on Security role.
- Excellent remuneration, exciting engagement
- Providing leadership and mentoring a collaborative team
- Great team and office environment
An incredible opportunity, our client is seeking a Security Consultant to join their high performing team and make a difference!
Key responsibilities and decision ownership
- Deliver accurate, cost effective designs which are aligned to architectural, design and operational requirements considering all E2E impacts
- Leading consulting level engagement with customers and assisting in RFPs, bid responses and the Sales process
- Provide expert information Security consultancy to all areas of the business
- Providing mentoring and leadership to other members of the team
- Assess technical security risks and provide cost-effective mitigation aligned with Technology and Business strategies
Relevant Skills and Experience
- 8 + years suitable Security industry experience
- Industry recognized and leading technical expert in one of more specialized security areas such as Legal Interception or Cloud Security
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps practices and approach to delivery
- Experience in the operation, build and design on the following vendors security products, and services AWS, Microsoft Azure, Check Point, F5, Fortinet and Cisco
- Practical experience with automation, monitoring and configuration management tools and virtualization technologies
- Information Security certification
- Applicable vendor security certifications (Check Point, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Arcsight, F5, Ironport Symantec, Bluecoa
- Security certs - CISSP, Juniper or equivalent
- Cloud Security Certification (CCSK/CCSP or equivalent)
- Perl, Python, Bash scripting skill
Looking for a Solution Architect who will consult new & existing Optimation clients and will deliver high quality solution architecture.
- NZ owned and operated company
- Great scope and autonomy
- Working with large enterprise clients, Auckland or Wellington based role
Join a collaborative IT services company with a focus on innovation.
Optimation has been operating for 25 years and is a New Zealand owned IT solutions and business consulting Company with offices in Wellington, Auckland, Sydney and Canberra.
Optimation is one of the few New Zealand companies that operate right across the SDLC and into the advisory space. Working across multiple sectors you will be exposed to and work on interesting projects. You will be joining a collegial and collaborative group with a focus on innovation to help organisations on their business transformation journey.
You will consult new & existing Optimation clients; you will deliver high quality solution architecture, and you will be highly effective working in the early stages of project lifecycles, with proven ability to form quality solutions.
Technically proficient, you will be focused on solving business issues and identifying opportunities in order to add value.
Ideally you will possess the following attributes:
- experience as a solution architect, ideally in a vendor environment;
- solid experience in the .NET application design and development space;
- extensive stakeholder management experience
- willingness to get involved and be part of the doing
- a range of experience with various methodologies, architectural approaches and frameworks including SOA, BPM, TOGAF, UML/Archimate and a good knowledge of current design patterns
You will form effective working relationships with a wide range of audiences, demonstrating value to your customers, team and peers alike. You will be an effective communicator, possessing strong presentation skills and the ability to translate technical concepts into layman’s terms.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply online.
An opportunity to join an exciting company going global, great culture, busy vibe, wonderful direction, come on board and make a difference.
- Exceptional remuneration & benefits
- Build your teams culture, health, happiness and performance
- This company values its staff - come on board today!!
Are you a Principal Developer/Lead looking for your next challenge? Here is an opportunity to join a fantastic company and flex your skills. You will have experience in driving a team technically, its culture, health, happiness and performance. You will enjoy mentoring sharing your skills and experience to enhance the growth of experienced and junior developers
To qualify you will need the following requirements:
- Manage and mentor you team and provide clear direction
- Lead design and adoption of modern technical principles & practices, pair-programming and mob-programming
- Establish and work a "build it and run it" environment
- Technical adaptability and versatility – multiple languages, experience with all layers from front-end to back-end, knowledge of recent tools and trend
- Having enough experience to be comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive on the challenge of understanding the scope, terminology and mechanics of the industry
- A collaborative approach with ability to communicate constructively with stakeholders within the business
- Drive to produce clean, consistent and well-organised code on the technology stack including:
- C# and Web API
- TypeScript, React and Redux
- MS SQL, Redis and Azure storage
- Azure infrastructure and platform services
- Excellent communication skills
We are looking for a full stack Web Developer who writes clean code, builds well-structured applications and has experience with Node.js and React.
We are building a cloud-native application on AWS using microservices architecture. Seeking the following technical skills:
- HTML5, CSS3 (SASS/LESS), CSS frameworks, ideally styled components
- Modern React, React higher-order components
- Experience with GraphQL , Apollo Client would be beneficial
- Node.js, MySQL or PostgreSQL, ideally MongoDB or AWS DynamoDB
- Experience with Docker in a development environment or in CI/CD pipeline, ideally you ran your application in a container
- Linux shell scripting: bash
- Experience working with RESTful API
- Experience in unit testing
- AWS microservices and serverless framework exposure would be a plus
- Experience with Golang would be beneficial
Fantastic opportunity for an IT Recruiter who is a passionate BDM seeking a great crew to work with, awesome work environment, flexibility, very active IT market to work in and money to be made – you can choose where you want to work!!
- Professional yet fun team - there is flexibility here!!
- Generous remuneration/perks/uncapped comms
- Existing clients, Expanding business - bring your ideas
Presto Resourcing is a recruitment subsidiary within the Optimation Group. Presto is based in Auckland and Wellington and our Group also has a presence in Christchurch, Sydney and Canberra.
With both Optimation and Presto businesses growing we currently have an opportunity for an IT Recruitment Consultant to lead on business development, engagement and relationship management around the delivery of IT recruitment services. This role also includes recruiting for a well established client portfolio and our business model also provides talent resourcing support.
To qualify you will have
- The ability to provide excellent service delivery to existing established clients
- Identify new business opportunities and establish relationships with new clients
- A positive attitude, initiative, common sense and drive with a down-to-earth, get-stuck-in approach and ability to have a laugh
- Prior IT recruitment experience required
- EXCEPTIONAL communication skills
On offer is a mature work environment with access to highly capable IT and business consultants, their networks and knowledge, true autonomy to run your desk, scope to help shape future services and areas of specialisation and drive significant market expansion, excellent remuneration and tools to provide some flexibility.
Optimation is an Accredited Employer with Immigration NZ and happy to sponsor the right candidate to join our team.
Working with a well-established NZ client as one of their core developers you’ll be working on their core product used in over 1000 gym facilities globally, including in New Zealand, Australia, the UK, and the United States.
You’ll be joining a team of experienced Devs working in an agile environment helping to bring new features to the product and maintain existing code. You’ll also get to work closely with our mobile team to support our Mobile application
Ideally, you’ll have experience with; or a willingness to learn: Web APIs, ASP.Net MVC websites and applications for Windows.
Below is a list of the technical skills we’re looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t have them all, we can teach you the rest
- .Net Framework
- DotNet Core
- C# and VB.Net
- ASP.Net MVC
- Experience with Winforms
- T-SQL or similar
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- ORM experience such as Entity Framework or LLBLGen
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team
- An eye for detail
Looking for a talented Technical Business Analyst to provide business analysis consulting services to clients in the space of business process change management
- CBD Auckland or Wellington
- Multi-cultural, gender diverse and collaborative work environment
- Opportunity to work across large, complex projects
Looking for a talented Business Analyst to provide business analysis consulting services to clients in the space of business process change management
In a world of accelerating change, organisations are looking to technology led innovation to help them both survive and thrive in the new digital economy. Optimation's focus is on helping build better organisations by designing and delivering solutions that unlock tangible business benefits. Optimation's spectrum of IT services include software development, enterprise information management and business intelligence.
With over 25 years of smart thinking, problem solving and exceptional delivery we are always growing and want more of the Wellington market. You will be part of a smaller sales team and with your well thought out sales plan, coupled with your exceptional execution and selling skills you will have all the components for success. Supported by marketing, bid support and delivery teams you will enjoy solving customer’s problems and helping them identify opportunities to make their businesses better.
We are looking for a multi-Talented Business Analyst who will be providing business analysis consulting services to clients in the domain of business requirements, business process definition, and business process change management.
- Able to write user stories both functional and non-functional
- Elicit and discover requirements from operational management and other stakeholders. Perform all phases of the business requirements gathering, namely: requirements planning, requirements management, requirements analysis, requirements documentation, requirements communication, requirements assessment
- Select appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements. These may include (but not limited to): interface analysis, interviews, modelling, decision analysis, observation, brainstorming, business rules analysis, problem tracking, scenarios and prototyping.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritise requirements
- Build solid rapport with the customer and be able to interpret their needs into requirements.
PART OF THE OPTIMATION GROUP
We’re part of the Optimation Group, one of New Zealand’s longest standing Kiwi-owned IT integrators. We are backed up by 26 years’ experience delivering IT solutions that work.
Optimation NZ is an Accredited Employer with Immigration NZ. What does that mean?
With this visa you can work in New Zealand for Optimation and apply for residence after 2 years or working for Optimation. Check if you are eligible here.